SDGs Music Challenge
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
WHAT IS SDGs MUSIC CHALLENGE?
The SDGs Music Challenge is an initiative of African Youth SDGs Summit to challenge young people to utilize the power of music as a social tool to Mobilize, Communicate and Inspire actions on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Through this challenge, people across Africa will have the opportunity to compose a song lasting for between 0:30-3:30 minutes centered around the SDGs, the African Youth SDGs Summit and to challenge young people and national governments to build strong partnership with young people to drive the implementation of the SDGs.
- An individual or a group made up of not more than three people
- Open to young people between the ages of 15-35 years.
- Open African nationals only
- The video must be original.
- Record a video song (never mind the quality; selected videos will be re-produced)
- The video must be 0:30-3:30 in length (minutes)
- Applicants are encouraged to caption the video so viewers can see the lyrics
- The video can be in any language but translation/caption of lyrics into English is recommended. E.g. the song can be in any of the following widely spoken African languages: Swahili, Afrikaans, Akan, Ewe, Hausa, Arabic including English and French etc.
- The song must communicate clearly the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the context of building partnership with African youth to drive the SDGs implementation through the flagship African Youth SDGs Summit.
- The Message/lyrics must be captivating and speak to the issue of how the empowerment of young people is critical to the SDGs attainment.
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube and the link sent to email@example.com
The videos will be assessed by a committee made of up
- Music Producer
- Development Consultant
- A song writer
- Rep from summit secretariat
AWARDS and USE OF THE SONG
- The best Song will be adopted as the OFFICIAL SONG for the 2nd African Youth SDGs Summit.
- The selected song will be re-produced by a music producer
- The winner (s) will receive three months music mentorship from the producer.
- The winner (s) will receive official invitation to attend sing the song at the opening Plenary of the 2nd African Youth SDGs Summit in Accra, Ghana.
- Receive four nights’ accommodation during his/her stay in Accra
- Certificate of achievement
- Travel support (Terms and Conditions apply)
- The winner becomes a brand ambassador (Terms and Conditions apply)
- The song will be uploaded to our websites and will be played at African youth SDGs Summit related events including workshops, mini conferences both local and international.
Please be aware that by submitting a video to the challenge, African Youth SDGs Summit reserves the right to use the music in any way, without additional permission.
Deadline: 15th June, 2018